Looking to start your weekend off right with a big ol' breakfast? Try out this ultimate French Toast recipe, it's genius! And unlike other deluxe breakfast treats, this is one you don't have to feel guilty about afterwards; it has only 2 grams of fat, and 34 grams of protein! This stuff is soooo yummy, you're going to want to eat it for every meal, and maybe you will. After all, it's essentially a PB&J sandwich, but with a delicious twist: Evogen's IsoJect Cinnamon Roll Protein! This recipe was created by one of our very own Evogen Ambassadors, Liorah Curtis. Thanks girl!
Macros: 262 calories 34p/27c/2f (per serving)
Ingredients: (makes one serving)
½ scoop of IsoJect Cinnamon Roll Protein 2 Egg Whites 2 slcices of Sara Lee 45-calorie Multi Grain Bread 2 tbsp of PB Fit Peanut Butter 1 tbsp Sugar Free Jelly
1. In a bowl mix the egg whites and the Isoject, and set aside. In another bowl, add a little water to the PB Fit Peanut Butter until the mix reaches the desired consistency.
2.Heat up a skillet or griddle to medium heat, and be sure to use a non-stick cooking spray.
3. Take a slice of the Sara Lee bread and soak one side in the egg white and protein mixture. Do not get the other side of the bread wet. Let it soak up some of the mixture, then place the bread on the griddle with the wet side face down.
4. Spread half of the peanut butter mixture on the dry side of the bread while it's on the griddle. Leave the remaining peanut butter for topping.
5. Take the second slice of the Sara Lee bread and repeat step 3, but before placing it on the griddle, spread the sugar free jelly on the dry side of the slice of bread. Place the jelly side of the bread face down on top of the first peanut butter slice, like you're making a regular PB&J.
6. Cook until golden brown, then flip. Cook until the remaining side is golden brown, then remove the French toast from the griddle.
7. Place on a plate and allow the toast to cool for a minute, then top with the remaining peanut butter (you can also add more sugar free jelly on top, if you're feeling like it). Cut the French toast in half and enjoy!