Although it is not officially fall until Thursday (Sept. 22nd), pumpkin everything is already trending. This week we have an awesome Pumpkin Pie IsoJect Protein Bite that is sure to keep your pumpkin cravings satiated all season long! This recipe isn't just for lifters, bro, because it also makes for a great party snack that will impress any crowd (#aesthetics). Oh, and did we mention that these macros are on point?! This recipe was created by one of our very own Evogen Ambassadors, Kelsey Voight. Thanks girl!
Macros per ball (no add-ins): 50 calories 4c/2f/5p (Plus 2g Fiber)
½ cup Vanilla Bean IsoJect Protein ½ cup 100% Pumpkin Puree ½ cup Coconut Flour (or sub Oat Flour) 1 ½ tsp. Zero Calorie Sweetener (or to taste) 2 tbsp. Smooth Natural Nut Butter (I used Crazy Richards) 1 tbsp. Sugar-Free Syrup 2-3 tbsp. Almond or Cashew Milk (More/Less to Consistency) *Other add-ins such as cocoa nibs, chopped nuts, spices etc. (we added chopped almonds)
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, protein powder, coconut flour, and sweetener. Mix well until fully incorporated. The mixture will be crumbly.
2. Put the nut butter and sugar free syrup in a separate microwave safe bowl and microwave for a few seconds (10-20) until warm and stir them to combine. Then add the nut butter and syrup mixture to the dry ingredients, continuing to stir and combine well.
3. Using one tablespoon at a time, add dairy-free milk until desired consistency is reached. The mixture should just hold together well - not too wet and not too crumbly.
4. Using a melon baller or a tablespoon, scoop out equal sized portions. Then, using your hands, roll the "batter" into a ball and place it on a lined plate or baking sheet.
5. Place the lined plate or sheet of treats into the freezer for 20-30 minutes, until the treats become firm. Recipe Makes 15 Pumpkin Pie Protein Bites.