Inside/Field Sales Representative – Northern California/Northwest region
Quickly growing start-up Sports Supplement Nutrition Company based in Campbell, California is seeking a dynamic field-based team member to grow territory sales and brand presence through consistent retail account management. This position is a retail-focused role with a minimum of 80% of the week spent at retail account; other 20% will be cold-calling/prospecting for new business.
Essential functions of the job responsibilities include account management, sales, merchandising, field marketing, and data collection and presentation. This self-motivated candidate will work with the company’s local distributors in Northern CA and other designated markets to maintain and expand the company’s brands, distribution levels and market presence, plus be the product knowledge expert and build solid customer rapport.
- Service franchise chain and/or independent franchise accounts
- Follow and act upon the “company objectives” within the territory as determined by management.
- Recommend and/or write purchase orders for the sale of the company products for direct or indirect selling opportunities.
- Plan, coordinate and attend store “demos” to build product awareness with store associates and consumers.
- Provide top quality customer service to all market accounts and Evogen internal staff personnel.
- Correspond routinely (emails / phone calls) with all accounts and Evogen company personnel.
- Identify problems and recommend solutions with management in a timely manner.
- Attend and/or set up trade shows whether they’re industry, company or distributor sponsored events.
- Plan and coordinate daily, weekly and monthly travel schedule.
- Understand your competition; pricing, promotions, shelf space, #1 selling products/flavors, etc.
- Submit daily, weekly and/or monthly field activity/cold-calling reports as designated.
Desired Skill & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the Sports Nutrition Industry required
- CRM, Excel, Salesforce and Microsoft office experience a plus
Email resume to email@example.com