What is BioPerine?
Apr 09, 2018
When we consume food and supplements, we expect the nutrients to be broken down and utilized, right? Well, unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. However, through the help of BioPerine, you have the ability to improve your absorption rate as well as your overall health.
What exactly is BioPerine?
It’s a patented extract coming from black pepper, or more specifically the Piper nigrum plant. Why black pepper? Because it has been found to assist with several health benefits such as helping to reduce inflammation as well as fighting free radicals in the body through its antioxidant properties.
What many fail to realize is that free radicals are forming daily, including when we exercise. For that reason, it’s important for us to take in an ample supply of antioxidants to seek out and destroy these free radicals before they can cause damage to our cells (even our DNA). The main component found in BioPerine is piperine – which makes up a minimum of 95% of the product and is what provides the majority of the health benefits. The remaining 5% of BioPerine is made up of other bioactive compounds like piperidine, piperanine, piperettine, and other alkaloids as well as chemical compounds like acetophenone, terpinol, citral, pinene, and more.
The reason for taking a product like BioPerine is to enhance and amplify the effects of other health and dietary supplements as well as improving the absorbency of nutrients coming from the foods you eat. BioPerine helps slow down transit time which allows the body to improve the overall uptake of nutrients, providing you with the most health benefits.
A separate study was able to show piperine’s ability to increase saliva production and gastric secretions to aid in digestion to better break down and utilize food and supplements you consume, as well as increase the bioavailability.
Bioavailability is extremely important. If you aren’t able to utilize what you are putting into your body, at the end of the day you are simply wasting your money. It’s for that reason that BioPerine is added to certain supplements to give you the best bang for your buck.
Additionally, new research has come out showing some weight loss benefits associated with BioPerine, but researchers are hoping to have even more research published in the very near future to solidify those claims.
As it stands right now, piperine, found in BioPerine has the potential to reduce fat and lipids in the body as well as inhibit the formation of fat from accumulating. This can be huge in helping with your weight or fat loss goals.
Along the same lines, supplementing with BioPerine can even help prevent insulin resistance as well as other chronic diseases. Insulin resistance can wreak havoc on your weight loss goals in addition to the storage of fat in the body.
Related Article: Evozyme 101: How Digestive Enzymes Work